12 Unknown Facts of Universe That Will Leave You Astonished: Unveiling the Universe

The universe is a vast, mysterious expanse that has intrigued humanity for centuries and so there are many unknown facts of universe yet to know. While we have made remarkable strides in understanding its workings, there are still countless mysteries waiting to be unraveled.

12 Unknown Facts of Universe That Will Leave You Astonished

12 Unknown Facts of Universe That Will Leave You Astonished

Lets go through the cosmos to uncover some lesser-known and mind-boggling facts about the universe that continue to astound scientists and enthusiasts alike.

1. Dark Matter and Dark Energy Dominate

Visible matter, such as stars, planets, and galaxies, makes up only about 5% of the universe. The remaining 95% is composed of enigmatic substances known as dark matter and dark energy. Dark matter, though invisible, exerts gravitational forces, while dark energy is responsible for the universe’s accelerating expansion.

Also Read: Why Ethanol producing companies Stocks are going up in recent days in India?

2. Unimaginable Size and Age

The observable universe spans an astonishing 93 billion light-years in diameter, containing trillions of galaxies, each with billions of stars. The universe itself is estimated to be approximately 13.8 billion years old, dating back to the Big Bang.

3. Cosmic Web

Galaxies are not randomly scattered; they are interconnected by an intricate structure known as the cosmic web. This vast network of galaxy clusters and filaments spans the universe, forming a breathtaking cosmic tapestry.

Also Read: What is duo mobile app and what purpose it is used for?

4. Quantum Entanglement Across the Cosmos

Quantum entanglement, a phenomenon in which two particles become interconnected regardless of their distance, has been observed not just on Earth but also between particles separated by cosmic scales. This phenomenon challenges our understanding of space and time.

5. Black Holes Are Not Black

While black holes are famous for their seemingly impenetrable darkness, they emit radiation known as Hawking radiation, named after physicist Stephen Hawking. This radiation, albeit extremely faint, suggests that black holes are not entirely “black.”

Also Read: Why landing on south pole of moon is difficult ?

6. Space Sounds

Space may be a near-vacuum, but it is not entirely silent. Some celestial bodies emit electromagnetic waves at frequencies that can be converted into audible sounds. For example, recordings of Jupiter’s magnetosphere create eerie, haunting sounds.

7. Faster-Than-Light Expansion

During the universe’s inflationary period shortly after the Big Bang, space itself expanded at a rate faster than the speed of light. While nothing can move through space faster than light, space itself can stretch at such a pace.

Also Read: Mental Health in Digital Age: Navigating the Challenges and Seeking Solutions

8. Exoplanet Variety

Astronomers have discovered thousands of exoplanets, planets orbiting stars beyond our solar system. These exoplanets come in all shapes and sizes, including scorching hot Jupiters, water worlds, and even Earth-like planets located in the habitable zone.

9. Magnetars: Super Magnetic Stars

Magnetars are neutron stars with magnetic fields trillions of times stronger than Earth’s. They can emit bursts of X-rays and gamma rays that, if relatively close, could potentially disrupt Earth’s magnetic field.

10. Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB)

The CMB is a faint glow of microwave radiation that fills the universe. It is a remnant of the Big Bang and provides valuable insights into the early universe’s conditions.

Also Read: Tourism in India a growing global attraction: India’s Flourishing Tourism Industry

11. Time Dilation

Einstein’s theory of relativity predicts time dilation, where time passes differently in regions of varying gravity or at speeds approaching the speed of light. GPS satellites, for example, need to account for this effect to provide accurate location data.

12. Cosmic Dust

Interstellar space is filled with tiny particles of cosmic dust, which can scatter and absorb light. This dust is essential in the formation of stars and planets, serving as the building blocks of celestial objects.


The universe is an enigmatic, awe-inspiring realm, brimming with phenomena that challenge our understanding of the cosmos. As science and technology continue to advance, we can expect to uncover even more astonishing facts about the universe. These revelations not only deepen our knowledge but also ignite our curiosity, encouraging us to explore the cosmos and unveil its many secrets. In the grand cosmic tapestry, humanity plays a role as both observer and explorer, forever in pursuit of the unknown.

Also Read: Top 20 Electronics Companies in India: Powering Innovation and Growth

Leave a Comment